Paper Plane is looking for a self–driven User Experience Designer for our Mumbai office, who can bridge the gap between the design and engineering team to deliver pixel perfect rich user interfaces and interactions.
Design Research :
- Create/Understand/Refine a client brief before conceptualizing your design solution.
- Obtain client/market research data through customer visits, user interview, Questionnaires, analytics and other reporting mechanisms.
- Analyze user research data to understand user needs/frustrations, develop interaction models, communication systems, user personas & audience segments, storyboards, scenarios and tasks.
- Work with User Experience Analysts and other team members to conduct workshops (with clients & users) to understand business objectives & user needs.
- Analyze competitor strategies to help customers adapt and evolve existing marketing strategies.
- Conduct online research & benchmarking studies and engage in regular evaluations to build knowledge pools that can be leveraged by various teams.
- Gain and communicate knowledge of online trends and persuasion techniques.
Design Conceptualization & User Experience [UX]:
- Identify UX issues and provide solid UX recommendations.
- Visualize information architectures, create interaction models & define task flows.
- Create or support, Ideate and present design ideas & concepts through one, or more, medium depending on the project needs and maturity of the client. These could include presenting design mock-ups, storyboards, wire frames, prototypes, interaction models, or a product walk-through to internal teams or clients for feedback / approvals.
- Work with Usability and UX analysts to define wireframes and interactions guidelines for User Interfaces for both, web and mobile devices.
- Create unique identities for mobile devices exploring new approaches especially-‘Mobile First’.
- Provide a high quality visual design layer for defined wireframes keeping in mind grids and responsive design requirements/standards.
- Define highly aesthetic site styles and imagery, including page layout (screen schematics) and interactions (user paths).
- Communicate your design/interaction needs via annotations and guidelines documented as part of the design process so they can be used by the development team as they build out your designs.
- Understand responsive design needs and champion the implementation of responsive designs with your development team, at times, with client teams.
- Document your deliverables to hand-over to client development team, or internal production team with specific design guidelines/ style sheets for execution.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Academically qualified in Interaction Design, HCI or related design field.
- Minimum of 1 - 5 years experience in user experience design or application interface development.
- A Black-Belt in Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, In-Design, and also be capable in HTML and CSS, and full knowledge of their capabilities and limitations.
- Up-to-date with latest developments in User Interface design best practices.
- Expertise in commonly used User Experience patterns, methodologies concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in designing useful, usable, accessible, branded and visually appealing user interfaces.
- Experience in being involved in user-centric design methodologies across large projects.
- Comfortable working in a Mac environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail and quality is a must.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively to bring projects to completion.
- Proactively research & learn new, or re-emerging front-end technologies [capabilities] that facilitate improved user experience.